Family Style Mediterranean Flavours
It was a sunny late summer day; a perfect day for this village fete style reception. Guests whiled away the afternoon chatting on the lawn and playing garden games. Drinks stalls offering teas, bellinis & cordials were set up under the trees. Mini scones with strawberry jam & clotted cream, and chocolate dipped strawberries kept the hunger pangs away. There was even a surprise visit from an ice-cream van!
A relaxed afternoon on the lawn was followed by the wedding breakfast, in a marquee in front of the manor house.
- Slow roasted rosemary-crusted shoulder of lamb with red onion & red wine gravy
- Chicken Provencal: boneless breasts & thighs roasted with chunky garlic, capers, kalamata olives & mini plum tomatoes
- Roasted new potatoes with rosemary & garlic
- Mixed leaf and herb salad with pomegranate seeds and a pomegranate & honey dressing
- Tomato, courgette and mint salad
- Raspberry swirl New York style cheesecake with raspberry coulis (pictured)
- A stack of gooey chocolate brownies with fresh local raspberries